Ada's Dream (2)






“Tunde is in the bathroom. I am Debbie, his girlfriend, I just moved in yesterday. You can come in.”

Ada felt a tightening growing in her chest and the urge to cry grew in her. This was stark reality smacking her hard on the face.

“No– there’s no need. Just tell him I checked.”
She took one last look at the lady and fled the house with tears welling in her eyes. She had come to tell him how she felt about him, hoping that he would somehow tell her he felt the same way. But she now realized that she had never been in his mind at all.

 Everything he did or said around her was just a fling for him. Probably she was just a break from boredom; something to keep him occupied before his gorgeous girlfriend arrived. How could she have fallen for that? How could she be so stupid?

She went straight home and sat curled up on the sofa, trying very hard not to cry.

“Ada!”
She lifted her head and saw him. She quickly wiped her tears as if she was embarrassed that he had caught her crying over him.

“You are all the same. You men are all the same; to you this is just a game.”
He moved closer.

“I can explain”
She shook her head slowly.

“Well, I knew from the beginning that it was all fantasy, it was too good to be true. But I started hoping against all logical reasoning until I had my heart crushed. I was so stupid to almost fall into the same trap, a second time.”

There were tears in her eyes.
“I am sorry.” he moved closer and tried to hold her. She jerked off his hand.

“Go back to your girlfriend. She is beautiful, sophisticated and—”
“And I don’t love her!” he yelled.

He held her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. His eyes suddenly became sad. The same eyes she had seen that night and fallen in love with.

“Ada I don’t love her, I never did. She was the cross I had to carry all my life.” his voice became solemn and sad. “I had to put up with her all these years because of family pressure. My family couldn’t accept my marrying any other person but her. But when I imagined how married life with her would be, all I saw was hell.”

Ada started listening to him and suddenly she felt sorry for him. “When my father fell sick, he made me the Managing Director of the family business and made me promise I would marry Debbie. I had no choice but to agree. I didn’t want to break his heart. Life became gloomy and dull. I took my mind off my troubles by living a carefree life.
 Then I came across the most precious thing I had ever wanted in my life and everything changed. I fell in love; I fell in love with you.”

 

 
He was looking directly into her eyes and the passion in his eyes was glaring. Ada took a deep breath. It seemed a huge weight had just been lifted off her. She looked into his eyes, they were filled with love. Finally, she was free, from all self-imposed barriers.

 She was in love with him and he was in love with her. That was all that mattered. With tears in her eyes, she flew into his arms.

“Oh I love you too, I love you. I was so scared of releasing my heart, but now it belongs to you.”

He held her in his arms and rocked her like a baby. He kissed her lightly on the forehead and she felt the whole world fading and all that mattered was that finally, she was in the hands of her love and nothing would change that.

He kissed her on the mouth and it seemed she was alone with him in the whole world and every other thing was distant. She snuggled against him, tasting the full sweetness of his mouth. She didn’t want to let him go, even for a moment. She didn’t even want to breathe. But he released her lips and said to her with his usual mischievous smile:

“You make me hungry.”
She winked and replied: “Then eat me....”


 To be continued

 Thanks for reading


You can also follow us on Facebook 
Twitter 

Remember to leave a comment - Or Send comments/suggestions to 08054701481 (SMS only)

Comments

Popular Posts

When Love is not Enough (2)

My Boss wants me as his Baby Mama! (1)

My Boss wants me as his Baby Mama! (3)

  He's Good in Bed Unlike my Husband (Finale)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...